Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Who Knew Crows Were This Smart?

By Meera Dolasia on 09/18/2011
http://www.dogonews.com/2011/9/19/who-knew-crows-were-this-smart



Humans have been in the top of the food chain because of their inelegance, but research has showed that other animals have a similar inelegance. The monkeys have been at the top of the list of most inelegant animal which is not a surprise since they share 99 percent of our DNA. But is changing. Found only in the "remote South Pacific Island of New Caledonia," the bird is the same as any ordinary crow except for its incredible tool use. Which top not only most birds but also animals that were there before us including monkeys.
Researchers at Oxford University and the University of Auckland, have been paying much attention on the New Caledonian Crow for a lot of years now, and what they have discovered so far, is very interesting. Crows use many types of objects which they make themselves from trees and bushes is not the amazing part,  What is amazing is that they can use the good objects to get something done.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_8hPcnGeCI&feature=player_embedded


I choose this article because it is a bit connected to our unit. Also because I wanted to see what animal is almost more intelligent than the monkey I thought that was a miracle. 
 I really didn't know and dint think there was an animal that is smarter that the monkey. Well because they share 99 percent of our DNA. I know that this information is true because they have a video of a crow in action. I have learned that not only the well known animals can be very intelligent; it can be once that were just discovered.



2 comments:

  1. In my opinion it was a great article and I really didn't believe that something like this could ever happen but I realized it was true when you mentioned that it had a video that showed them doing the experiment. It was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What smart birds, huh? I like how you added images and the video of the crows. Very interesting article, but the summary was a bit too long. I would prefer that you write a summary in your own words.

    ReplyDelete