Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This Friday - Watch Out For The Satellite Debris Freefalling From Space!

By Meera Dolasia on 09/22/2011
http://www.dogonews.com/2011/9/22/this-friday-watch-out-for-the-satellite-debris-freefalling-from-space



NASA discovered that "Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS)", which is 5,900 kilograms, is crashing down from space on earth on Friday, September 23rd. But the experts at NASA think that the satellite will separate into pieces while coming threw the atmosphere, and that only 26 pieces weighing 532 kilograms will actually hit earth. It is not sure the right location where it will fall. The only continent is for sure safe is North America.  


I think that this is amazing what they found out, but I dont think it will happen, in fact it didn't. It really thought me that even the best machinery can sometimes be broken. I actually knew about this even before I read this article. But maybe I am wrong, maybe it did happen, but I didn't know about it. It is really to think that a machine something so expensive might fall to earth and be crushed in peaces. But all we can do is wait and see. 

1 comment:

  1. I think this was a very interesting article, I did the same one. However they think it did crash. They believe that some of it landed in the Pacific Ocean.

    ReplyDelete