Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Video Of The Week - Garrett McNamara's Record Breaking Wave Ride


The whole day of Hawaiian-bor Garrett McNamara’s victory began as a day when he did not really feel like surfing. But that was the day when he got his name in the genius world record book.

It happened in November of 2011, when the he was surfing waves in Nazaré, Portugal in an area with huge waves at all times.

The day before, he kept on failing to stay on the board, he wanted to take a break, but was convinced that he can complete just a couple of waves correctly, and so he accomplished that. One wave during that time was about 90-feet tall, at least that is what his friends said.

The wave was looked at by some professional scientists, their verdict was 78-feet tall, even if it’s not 90 feet exactly, it is pretty close, and still one foot higher than the last record in 2008. This accomplishment gave him a place in the book and he set a new record for the upcoming surfers.

This article really cought my eye because I love surfing, well not me personally, however I do love watching people surf on huge waves. I think that this is amazing because I dont understand how people can stand on water and stay on with water bursting everywhere. I also choose this article because our new unit is about waves, just like this article. I hope you enjoyed my article.

http://www.dogonews.com/2012/5/14/video-of-the-week-garrett-mcnamaras-record-breaking-wave-ride
ByMeera Dolasiaon05/15/2012

Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment