Saturday, November 19, 2011

The satellite ROSAT fell

By Meera Dolasia on 10/26/2011 
http://www.dogonews.com/2011/10/26/phew-we-dodged-another-falling-satellite

Last weekend, it was expected for a German satellite ROSAT to crass on Earth. I landed with ought any damage just like the American satellite UARS . ROSAT fell to Earth sometime after 10.15pm on October 23rd. It crashed on the east of Sri Lanka in the Indian Ocean, or in the Andaman Sea off the coast of Myanmar. Even if ROSAT was smaller than UARS, more pieces of Rosta hit the Earth since they had no reports of injuries, they supposed that all the pieces that weren’t broken are somewhere at the bottom of either of the two waters. NASA is not expecting any more falling satellites for at least 25 years-So relieved.

I choose to write about this article because I think that some people wanted to hear the end of this story that started in one of my previous blog posts. It is very interesting to compare the 2 satellites. For example where they fell? Or why they fell? And in how many peaces it burst before hitting Earth? These are all very good question. I hope you are as relieved as I am. But I have a feeling another one will fall again, maybe not soon, but it will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment