Monday, March 14, 2011

Rocks and Minerals Reflection

Hello every one, in science we had to research rocks and minerals. I found out many interesting facts about minerals.
First that a rock is actually many minerals together. Also that there are 3 types of rocks, Igneous, Sedimentary, and Metamorphic rock. I thought that all rocks are the same. Also what I found interesting is that there is a rock cycle which means that other rock types can turn into other ones. And when you are identifying a mineral, wow, just to identify a mineral you need to find is luster, streak, color, cleavage, hardness, and specific gravity, I am never trying to identify a mineral. I would die before i figure it out.


Also, minerals can be created from just water. And that rocks can be minerals.


I also found some interesting facts like that a diamond can cut absolutely anything. And that Feldspars make up more than fifty percent of the Earth’s crust.


During this research, I found out a lot of interesting things, and I hope you enjoyed reading about this. I hope you enjoy my next blog post too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment